- About Us
- PLAN YOUR VISIT
- Nature Camps
- PRESCHOOL & FAMILY BIRTHDAYS & RENTALS
- SCHOOLS, SCOUTS & COMMUNITY GROUPS
- Support Us
We know that nothing excites a scout like camping out!
What you need to know:
- Cost: $30 per scout. Minimum charge $300
- Maximum Group Size: 16 scouts
- Time: From 6:00-9:00 p.m. Friday or Saturday until 7:00-10:00 a.m. Saturday or Sunday. You can extend your evening program until 10PM by adding on a fire pit rental when you schedule your overnight.
- Your group can sleep on the carpeted floor, or set up tents in the DTE Energy Nature House!
- We require a deposit of the minimum payment within one month from the date you schedule your program
- Overnight programs can accomplish one or two different badges, depending on the desired badges
How to plan an overnight visit:
Please note: You are not registered for a program until you receive confirmation from us. Leaving a phone message with your request will not guarantee a spot.
Please have the following information ready before you call:
- Desired programs
- Desired date
- Number of scouts & their ages; number of adults attending (three adults required)
- Name of contact person; contact person's address & phone number
- Special needs we should be aware of
Before Your Trip:
- Dress for the weather. We will go outside even if it is raining, so please be prepared. We will be inside if the weather is unsafe.
- Please be on time. The program will end as scheduled even if you arrive late.
Typical Scout Overnight Trip:
- 6:00PM: Arrival at LSNC.
- 6:00-6:15PM: Arrival activity. This is typically one of the Badge Requirement projects, and can be completed as the scouts are being dropped off.
- 6:15PM: Welcome to LSNC! We'll hear the Leslie Story, introduce ourselves, and make a plan for the rest of the evening.
- 6:30-8:00PM: Badge requirement activities.
- 8:00-9:00PM: Night Hike and Campfire! Black Pond Woods is amazing at night! We'll take a hike together and discover amazing nocturnal adaptations. We'll then sit around a warm campfire and roast marshmallows. Around 9PM your educator will say goodnight, and ensure your scouts get a good night's rest. If you would like to extend your campfire until 10PM, you can set this up when you schedule your program by adding on a fire pit rental.
- 7:00AM: Good Morning! Your educator will arrive and start the breakfast process. We provide tea and coffee for the adults and cocoa on chilly mornings for the scouts.
- 7:30AM: Breakfast. Once the scouts have woken up, put away their things, and dressed, a bagel breakfast is served!
- 8:00-10:00AM: Badge requirement activities.
- 10:00AM: Cleanup and farewell - see you next time!